Service Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As the Congressman for Alabama's 5th District, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
- Congressional nomination packet
- High school and, if applicable, college transcripts
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results
- An essay describing why you want to attend a service academy (150-200 words)
- Three (3) completed personal recommendation forms completed by adult non-family members (e.g. teacher, counselor, employer, coach, clergy, scoutmaster)
- Current wallet-size photo
For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination. You can also contact Sandy Garvey in my Huntsville district office at 256-551-0190 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.