Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Congressman Mo Brooks

Representing the 5th District of Alabama

Agency Help

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 5th Congressional District of Alabama can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. To determine if you reside in the 5th Congressional District of Alabama, please enter your address and zip code here. In order to better serve you, please complete the Privacy Release Form in order for my office to assist you with your request. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
Please include pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your tracking/receipt number for a case involving the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS);
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
  • Your signature.
Please Note:
If you would like more information on help with a Federal Agency, please contact one of my district offices. I also encourage you to review the  General Casework FAQs and Tips for Requesting Casework Assistance web pages.
You must complete the Privacy Release Form in order for my office to assist you with your request. Once you have downloaded and filled out the form, you can fax or mail it to my nearest district office. We must have your signature to proceed with an inquiry.
As a U.S. Congressman, my staff has access to liaison offices for all U.S. federal agencies. For assistance with a state agency or department, you should contact your representatives in the Alabama State Legislature, or contact the office of the Governor.
Members of Congress are prohibited from becoming involved in legal matters, which fall under the jurisdiction of the Judicial Branch. My office is also unable to recommend legal counsel, although you can find contact information for local legal aid here. You may also wish to contact the Lawyer Referral Service of the Alabama State Bar.